Reflection of the Semester







This semester had been a blur, really. I feel like it just started last week and now all of a sudden I have like five and a half finals due and I really could be in better shape. It's because of this that I'd like to take a moment to reflect back on this semester and how things have gotten like this.
Image result for stacked papers




The semester started like all semesters do. A few professors I liked, a few I felt indifferent about. The classes didn't seem too hard and armed with a correct sleep schedule I figured the semester would go by without a hitch. Of course, that's not exactly how it went down. A month in and I figured it'd be alright to stay up an hour later, then another hour later, then another. Now it's gotten to the point that I don't sleep till 5am and that's when I have to wake up for class the next day at 8:30am.

Image result for day/night

It's no wonder that I've gotten behind on my work in pretty much all of my classes. Hey even this blog post assignment ended up being a day late because I straight up forgot I had to do it while trying to catch up on other work. Whoops.

Even still, at least I can say I feel like I learned a bit this semester, despite whatever my final grades might imply. I learned that I'm pretty capable at video editing despite not having done any since middle school. That's actually a skill I could see myself using so I'm glad to have relearned it. I've also learned that in classes where reading is pretty much all we do (@both of my lit theory classes) it's still just as easy to get by without reading anything as it was in high school. I feel bad about it, I do, but not that bad.
Image result for video editing


That reminds me, another thing I learned, or rather, something I found out about myself is my appreciation for short reads. Anything from 1 to 15 pages? Love it. I've had a bunch of that stuff to read throughout the semester and let me say, it's nice to actually do a reading assignment when it's something short instead of a ~200 page book about why society sucks. I mean jeez why is literary theory so depressing? I'm getting off topic.


Well, in terms of what I feel like I learned I think that covers it. I'm happy I learned at least something this semester (@my CW: Fiction and Multimedia Comp classes). I do wish I could have learned some computer science, but I wasn't able to take any of those classes since they were all closed by course selection. And I'm a comp sci major. Sigh. Oh well, here's hoping for that next semester.
Image result for coding

Comments

  1. You are a week ahead...You can have another week to continue to reflect if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Martin,

    This is a general recap of the semester, and I was hoping for a more focused self-evaluation as it relates to this class. It seems that you had a jam-packed semester, which can be trying. It's hard to stay organized with so many tasks and projects. I hope that you will find some solace in writing when you need it. It can be useful for organizing your thoughts or figuring out a problem. Also, you most certainly have a creative and imaginative side, and writing or video can help bring that forward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts